Hi Everyone
Happy Friday
Do you know what this is?
When I first found them I had no idea what they were
I just thought they were fun 
After doing some research
{googling}
I found out they are
 Porte Couteau  also known as
a knife rest
sounds prettier in French
It is used at the table to rest your knife so the tablecloth does not get dirty
{Love}
this idea 
I have a feeling a women thought of this

 I found a dozen of them all matching

along with these two sterling silver napkin rings
and a pretty crystal bottle stopper

In the Victorian era most crystal knife rests matched the families glassware
{Love}
that idea too

Knife rests were made out of porcelain, silver and even wood
What a fun and romantic vintage treasure to collect
Linking for
Feathered Nest Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Home Sweet Home
Show and Tell Friday

romantic saying for today
"If you would be loved ,love and be lovable"
Benjamin Franklin


Pam

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top